“NYFW 2019 Ones to Watch“ By Sannette Nicole
Ever wonder what designers are presenting new collections during fashion week only to find out after the show has already premiered? Well here’s your inside track to the seasons hottest shows. Here’s my “Fav5” list of Sannette Nicole Approved must see NYFW presentations :
1. Michael Costello (September 5th 6PM) Micheal Costello’s whimsical red carpet pieces are ever pleasing and always fit for his celeb clientele. Since his major red carpet moment with Beyoncé in 2014, His captivating fabrics and textures are a fashion lovers dream. Micael’s Plunging necklines and mesh bridal combos turn heads and melt hearts. Micheal has consistently proven himself to be a one to watch!
2. Aliètte (September 11th 9AM) No stranger to the fashion world, star stylist Jason Rembert premieres a second collection for NYFW this fall. Already seen on the likes of Issa Rae and multiple other A list celebs, Aliètte’s sophisticatedly sleek collection is sure to rise to the occasion and exceed the expectations of fashion lovers worldwide!
3. Laquan Smith (September 8th 1PM) always serving looks and plenty of slayage; Laquan Smith’s use of latex, fishnets and all things idiosyncratic has had fashion lovers a buzz since the first collection’s inception! This season we predict we be no different.
4. Shay Kawaii (September 7th 6PM) A Personal favorite and example of “live out loud” fashion, Shay Kawaii gives us all the feels! 90s nostalgia meets sultry street chic with all the color you could ask for in between. What’s not to love?
5. B Fyne (September 5th 9PM) Serving motherland realness with every piece, the B Fyne brand has solidified the meaning of black pride and regality in their rich African fabrics and their use of gold garments and jewels in their Ads. The ever so appealing strength that is exuded in each piece is enough to make all melanin fashionistas run straight to any live presentation B Fyne is featured in!
Harlem Fashion Week (September 15th 8PM)
Celebrating the 100th year of the the Harlem Renaissance, the Harlem Fashion Week collective is honoring the milestone by featuring all black Designers from Harlem this season. This event is a one time only presentation and will be spearheaded by some of Harlem’s own fashion heroes.
You may be interested
Foul Child: The Legend of Big LInternational_d - June 18, 2020
Foul Child is the new documentary that spotlights the story of the legendary rapper, featuring unreleased footage of…
Lovecraft CountryInternational_d - June 18, 2020
Based on Matt Ruff 's novel of the same name, Lovecraft Country follows Atticus Freeman (Jonathan Majors) as he meets…