AMC’s Walking Dead outperforms the Olympics in demo ratings
The Olympics demo ratings on Sunday didn’t seem to beat The Walking Dead ‘s mid season premiere. This is the first time that the AMC’s show went against the games, and although it may have not outperformed the Olympics in total viewers, it did claim the night. The second half of the season premiered with 15.8 million viewers according to t.v guide against 6.9 million viewers, and an 8.3 million viewers with an adults 18 to 49 demographic.
The walking dead matches its previous series high 10.4 in key demographic. The show’s recent drama that has been driving fans in chaotic bliss, and it’s ratings are a huge vote of confidence for the four year old series even though the show seem to slack a bit til this point. It’s evident, that this show won’t be going anywhere for a while if it continues to show this much progress and popularity. Especially with its results comparing to the Olympic games, which is a bigger deal than superbowl Sunday, in some respects.
The Walking Dead ratings timeline:
- Season 4 midseason finale, Dec. 1, 2013: 12.1 million viewers, 7.7 million adults 18-49,
- Season 4 premiere, Oct. 13, 2013: 16.1 million total viewers*, 10.4 million adults 18-49
- Season 3 finale, March 31, 2013: 12.4 million total viewers*, 8.1 million 18-49*
- Season 3 midseason premiere, Feb. 10, 2013: 12.3 million total viewers*, 6.8 million 18-49
- Season 3 midseason finale, Dec. 2, 2012: 10.5 million total viewers, 6.9 million 18-49
- Season 3 premiere, Oct. 14, 2012: 10.9 million total viewers, 7.3 million 18-49
- Season 2 finale, March 18, 2012: 9 million total viewers, 6 million 18-49
- Season 2 midseason premiere, Feb. 12, 2012: 8.1 million total, 5.4 million* 18-49
- Season 2 premiere, Oct. 16, 2011: 7.3 million total, 4.8 million* 18-49
- Season 2 midseason finale, Nov. 27, 2011: 6.6 million total, 4.5 million 18-49
- Season 1 finale, Dec. 5 2010: 6 million total, 4 million 18-49
- Season 1 premiere, Oct. 31, 2010: 5.4 million total viewers, 2.7 million 18-49
You may be interested
Southampton Animal Shelter Foundation To Auction Off Classic 1952 MG TD at 10th Annual Unconditional Love GalaEditorial Dept - July 19, 2019
The Southampton Animal Shelter Foundation will auction off a British automobile classic; a beautifully restored 1952 MG TD at their 10th Annual Unconditional Love Dinner…
Citi Brings Fans Up Close and Personal With Kacey Musgraves On The Citi Concert Series On TODAYEditorial Dept - July 19, 2019
Kacey Musgraves performs onstage during Citi Concert Series On TODAY Presents Kacey Musgraves at Rockefeller Plaza on July 19, 2019…
YBN Nahmir enlists City Girls and Tyga for new song and videoEditorial Dept - July 19, 2019
Today, YBN Nahmir shares a new song featuring City Girls and Tyga. "Fuck It Up" gathers three of hip-hop's hottest…
You must log in to post a comment.