Bounce Trumpet Awards Pics jermaine Dupri, Xscape, Doug-E-Fresh, Kane & More – Pics Here!
The 2018 Bounce Trumpet Awards, the prestigious annual event celebrating African-American achievements and contributions, world premiered exclusively on Bounce TV last night.
The 2018 Bounce Trumpet Awards hosted by actors Larenz Tate (“Power”) and Erica Ash (“Survivor’s Remorse”) included powerful performances, moving tributes and appearances by many entertainers, politicians, activists, thought leaders and more.
Memorable moments from the show include:
• A rousing musical tribute to So So Def Recordings Founder and honoree Jermaine Dupri which included performances by Anthony Hamilton, Bow Wow, Xscape and a surprise appearance by Ludacris that brought the house down. Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms joined for the presentation.
• A crowd-pleasing celebration of honoree group Cameo featuring Doug E. Fresh, Big Daddy Kane, Carl Thomas, Stokley Williams, Bilal and Mr. Talkboxx performing a medley of Cameo hits including “Single Life,” “Sparkle,” “She’s Strange,” “Rigor Mortis,” “Word Up!” and “Candy.” CeeLo Green presented the group their Lifetime Achievement Award and then joined in for the closing number.
• Thrilling performances by Arrested Development, Michel’le and Major.
• Estelle, V. Bozeman and We’ McDonald with a powerful rendition of “Conqueror” to open the show.
• Sir the Baptist performing “Heaven” joined by Keke Wyatt, Donald Lawrence and the Kevin Lemon & Higher Calling choir.
• Honoree Rhyon Brown lighting up the stage with an energetic performance of her hit single “After Party.”
• Angie Stone, Lamman Rucker, Omar Gooding and Angell Conwell appearing as presenters, and more.
The 2018 Honorees were: Jermaine Dupri, the GRAMMY® Award-winning record producer, songwriter, and hip-hop artist who received The Music Innovation Award; Founder of Sundial Brands and new owner of Essence Communications Richelieu Dennis recognized with The Entrepreneur Award; Activist and National Co-Chair of the Women’s March Tamika Mallory who received The Impact Award; 13-year old social activist and author behind the #1000BlackGirlBooks Marley Dias who was presented with The Trailblazer Award; nuclear engineer and inventor Dr. Lonnie Johnson receiving The Innovator Award; Actress, singer and dancer Rhyon Brown who was given The Rising Star Award presented by McDonald’s and legendary American soul-influenced funk group Cameo being honored with The Lifetime Achievement Award.
Check out red carpet pics below.
You may be interested
Moncler for Richard Quinn Fall 2019 Collection Runway Show at Milan Fashion WeekEditorial Dept - February 23, 2019
Check out items from Moncler for Richard Quinn Fall 2019 Collection as it was seen on the runway during Milan…
Fendi Fall 2019 Collection Runway Show at Milan Fashion WeekEditorial Dept - February 23, 2019
Fendi puts its Fall 2019 Collection on full display during its runway presentation at Milan Fashion Week. Check out some…
Gunna Drops His Debut Studio Album “Drip Or Drown 2” – Stream Here!Editorial Dept - February 22, 2019
Recently dubbed YouTube’s Artist On The Rise, Billboard chart-topping rapper Gunna returns with the official (more…)
You must log in to post a comment.