New Report On Innovation, Future of Work & People of Color
Innovation is changing America. How will these changes affect communities of color? How can leaders mitigate challenges and maximize new opportunities?
To start to answer these questions, today the Joint Center is releasing 5G, Smart Cities & Communities of Color.
- The fifth generation of wireless technology (5G) will be 10-100 times faster than current networks, potentially increasing access to high-speed broadband in Black and Latino communities.
- 5G and Smart City technologies could reduce or expand the digital divide, depending on choices by local leaders and wireless companies.
- 5G and Smart City technologies will drive local economic development and job growth. The automation facilitated by these technologies will also eliminate some jobs.
Elected Officials Should:
- Negotiate with wireless companies to ensure that contractors and workers of color help install and maintain 5G and Smart City technologies.
- Ensure that 5G and Smart City technologies are accessible and affordable to all residents.
- Empower residents to update their skills to match the needs of evolving industries.
The report was written by Yosef Getachew, Alejandra Montoya-Boyer, and Spencer Overton.
You may be interested
Angelica Vila and Vevo share DSCVR live performancesEditorial Dept - June 24, 2019
Vevo announces the release of Bronx born R&B singer Angelica Vila's live performances of "More In The Morning" and "All…
RCA Inspiration hails a win at 2019 BET Awards-“Blessing Me Again” wins Gospel AwardEditorial Dept - June 24, 2019
RCA Inspiration hails a win at the 2019 BET Awards, with Snoop Dogg’s hit (feat. Rance Allen) “Blessing Me Again” (All The Time Entertainment/RCA Inspiration),…
Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello song “Señorita” sets new Spotify recordEditorial Dept - June 24, 2019
GRAMMY nominated, multi-platinum singer/songwriter Shawn Mendes and GRAMMY nominated Cuban born multi-platinum singer/songwriter Camila Cabello released their joint single, “Señorita,”…
You must log in to post a comment.