Vive Macaron! – National Macaroon Day May 31st @ Villa Azur
May 31 is National Macaroon Day (not to be mistaken for a celebration of the new French president.)
To keep in theme with their part French Mediterranean theme, DÔA and Carlos Estarita reveals the recipe to creating the perfect raspberry batch of the sweet meringue-based confection.
We have included the recipe below –
Always use fresh market fish.
Leche de tigre base
- 250g lime juice
- 8g garlic
- 6g ginger
- 50g red onion
- 6ea cilantro stems
- 30g celery
- 3ea aji limo no seeds
- 9g kosher salt
- 110g fish
- 210g ice
- Get all veggies and fish trim and cut into small rough chunks, season with salt
- Keep mix in bowl over ice. (must remain cold at all times.
- Squeeze lime juice. (first press only)
- Add lime juice to mix and add ice let marinate for about 5min.
- Puree mix in about half of the liquid but only pulse about 3-5 times
- Strain with chinois and combine with rest of liquid.
- Leche de tigre is ready, keep cold at all times
To finish ceviche:
- Diced raw fish season well with sea salt
- Let sit for approx. 2 min
- Add chopped cilantro and aji limo
- Add leche de tigre to cover fish and let sit for approx. 2 min
- Place in bowl and garnish with canchas, choclo, sweet potato and red onion
You may be interested
Yusuf Hawkins: Storm Over BrooklynInternational_d - August 12, 2020
[su_youtube url="https://youtu.be/4-BCcFZ4i2g"] Directed by Muta’Ali Muhammad (Life’s Essentials with Ruby Dee) the film Yusuf Hawkins: Storm Over Brooklyn tells the…
Workplace Safety Has a Whole New Meaning in the COVID-19 EraEditorial Dept - July 18, 2020
Workplace safety is no joke. And now that we have COVID-19 to worry about, there is an entirely new emphasis…
You must log in to post a comment.